Monday, June 11, 2007

The "no-chance-in-hell" hat

Greetings all. Not that much new to report. Just ticking off the days until I leave Michigan and the US.

Do you remember the list of items I posted last time? Well, I haven't actually received all of said items. I have most but a few are still on the way. Should all be here by Wednesday (or say the good people of ups.com.) Here's what arrived this afternoon:

waterproof pants
spf 30 nylon long-sleeve shirt
bug repellent sun hat

The waterproof pants are pretty cool. They fit into a tiny pouch about the size of a bicycle water bottle. I put my cell phone in the picture for scale.



The shirt is a little big and not that exciting BUT the hat! Ah yes, the hat. I knew it would look a little dorky but what the hell, it would keep bugs and the sun off. Maybe the first clue was the use of the word "unisex" in the description. Here is both the first AND last time you will ever see me in this hat.



This is why the hat was on sale. I knew it was too good a deal. Maybe if I didn't get blue. I think it's the pastel blue that's the problem. And the bill is floppy. I look like a frickin character right out of the old Strawberry Shortcake cartoon. If only I was a gay gardener...

So now I need a new hat. No more catalog ordering on this one, I'm going to a backpackers store and find the Charles Bronson of hats and replace whatever memory the "no-chance-in-hell" hat has scarred on my brain.

1 comment:

Mike Moresi said...

The hat (if you wore it) would indiate that you are a middle-aged tourist or something. I don't think even they would wear that! You should get an "Indiana Jones" type hat or something to signify navigating through the urban jungles of Asia or something. You should check the REI outlet store online. Sometimes they have some good stuff.
Have a good day!